Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Farrier came yesterday...

So it has been raining cats and dogs here in Southern Indiana, and short of building an Ark around my bike, I hadn't had a chance to test out the XLS bars that Tom gave me. And the Farrier came yesterday to take care of the wife's horses and ponies...in the rain...so I made myself useful in the garage tearintg apart the passenger seat on my bike since the wife doesn't like it and wants to design one with enough height so she can see past my helmet. In the mean time, I installed the mid mounts that Bird from Attack Choppers sent me that his friend Jesse had given me. I made a quick luggage rack from the one that was on there, that had hung behind the passenger backrest...I had been strapping my lunchbox/toolbox on it, but it made me nervous back there, so I turned it upside down and made a small luggage rack for the passenger area...the wife liked it so much she wants to make her seat so it will strap onto the luggage rack and be removeable...now i am going to remake the luggage rack to encomass a backrest and be a little longer and better looking. This was just a quick exercise in rainy day fabrication while the Farrier worked on the horse.





This was a shot I took in the evening after we discovered the farrier left his working chaps on the bed of the truck and the fell off in our driveway, so I used thee xcuse to take the bike for a test ride. The handlebars worked great, though the roads were wet, it was much more flickable and the ability to countersteer was enhanced ten-fold. It was dark along Rt. 50 in Dillsboro where I stopped and took this shot. I was calling the Ming to have him meet me at Frisches for supper. The Mid mounts work great...still waiting on the brake pedal and linkage from Elvis in Cali. I know the shot sucks. There was a cop pulling someone over across the street when I snapped it...Adventure riding.



I can now lean against whatever I strap on and know it's there. When I remake it, I will raise the front up more. I am going to take some padding out of my seat too so I set down into the saddle more. It is a cheap LePera seat, it doesn't really set the way I like. Not that I am very picky, hell I could set on a rock and be fine, but if I am going to have a seat, I might as well have one I ike.



Birdman's buddy Jesee's FXR.


Jesse with mangked fingers. The guy makes some wild stuff for the birdman. They have like a zombie fighting mutant vehicle fabrication shop out there in Nebraska. Must visit soon.



Live to Ride dude! Must get a new side cover during swap meet season, bt for now it functions and offends!




Thanks Jesse!


The magnetic tank bag works great to hold my cell, glasses, Cummin's Diesel hat, camera and gate pass to get into work. Trying to dig my Pass out of my pocket before the gate dropped again became embaressing at work. I thought of sewing a clear pocket on my jacket to swipe, but I think the tank bag with a easy accessible pocket will work better.





What you don't have draft horse harness in your garage? Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment